1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and place sweet potato cubes on top. Toss with smoked paprika, 1/2 T olive oil, and 1/8 tsp salt. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are soft.
2. Meanwhile, heat remaining 11/2 T olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute for 6 to 8 minutes, until onion is translucent, stirring frequently. Add chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, and 1/4 tsp salt, and saute for 60 seconds, until fragrant. Add beans, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook beans for 10 minutes to let the flavors meld, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
3. Wrap tortillas together in aluminum foil and heat in oven for 3 to 5 minutes, or until warm. Remove and top with a spoonful of sweet potatoes and beans. Divide goat cheese crumbles between tacos, and add cilantro leaves. Finish with a squeeze of lime.
https://tailorednutritionllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/IMG_3279-e1425949572395.jpg640480GboLey7http://tailorednutritionllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Logo-COMP31.jpgGboLey72015-02-25 16:18:152015-07-09 11:44:30Roasted Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos with Goat Cheese
1. Add all ingredients except olive oil to blender or food processor and blend until smooth (may need to add a little water to make a smooth texture, depending on the yogurt you use).
2. Slowly with blender or food processor running, add olive oil so it emulsifies.
3. Can store in fridge for up to one week.
1. Coat a large Dutch oven with olive oil and place at low heat. Add cinnamon, cumin, coriander, and turmeric. Stir spices until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add onion, garlic and ginger; increase heat to medium and sauté about 3 minutes. (cover if vegetables start to stick).
2. Meanwhile, place enough water in a small saucepan to cover the cubed tempeh. Boil water, then add tempeh. Cook 5 minutes. Drain well.
3. To the Dutch oven, add tomatoes, carrots, celery, turnip,and lemon slices. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes. Add the cauliflower and tempeh; simmer 10 to 15 minutes, until all vegetables are tender. Remove and discard lemon rounds. Add honey and salt to taste. Garnish with cilantro and pine nuts; serve with harissa sauce.
Note- Serve it over fruited cous-cous or quinoa.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Break cauliflower apart into bite-size pieces. In medium bowl, mix all ingredients, making sure the cauliflower is evenly coated with the oil. Place in a shallow baking pan or on a baking sheet and bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. This dish may be served warm, or cold. Both are delicious!
https://tailorednutritionllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/IMG_3243.jpg480640GboLey7http://tailorednutritionllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Logo-COMP31.jpgGboLey72015-02-13 10:30:292015-10-21 14:31:13Rosemary Roasted Cauliflower and Pine Nuts
Georgia Boley, MS,RD,LD, CFSP
By appointment only:
The Hub at 211 Smith Street
Sheridan, WY 82801
Call 307-752-8213 to set up face to face appointment or telemedicine using ZOOM