Georgia Boley, MS,RD,LD, CFSP
By appointment only:
The Hub at 211 Smith Street
Sheridan, WY 82801
Call 307-752-8213 to set up face to face appointment or telemedicine using ZOOM
Wild Rice Stuffing/in Gluten Free, Sides, Veggies apples, brown rice, Carrots, celery, chicken or turkey stock, chopped pecans, cranberries, eggs, garlic, low sodium vegetable broth, oat flour, olive oil, onions, salt, thyme, wild rice 0 stars/by GboLey7
Higher in protein and fiber than regular stuffing, and just as tasty!
Pumpkin Pie For 2/in Dessert, Sides baking powder, coconut oil, honey, oat flour, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, Pure vanilla extract, salt Dessert 0 stars/by GboLey7
Pumpkin is super high in magnesium!
Mashed Turnips/in Gluten Free, Sides chicken stock, diced turnips, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper 0 stars/by GboLey7
Mashed turnips are a fantastic alternative to mashed potatoes. They have only 6 grams of carbohydrate per serving (mashed potatoes have around 22), and the same amount of fiber.
Omega-3 Salad Dressing/in Dressing, Recipes apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, Carlson The Very Finest Fish Oil 0 stars/by GboLey7
Sauerkraut in a Mason Jar/in Condiment, Gluten Free, Sides, Veggies cabbage, pickling salt Side Dish, veggie, salad 0 stars/by GboLey7
Bone Broth/in Gluten Free, Smoothies and Sport Drinks, Soups apple cider vinegar, Bones, Carrots, celery, onions, parsley, Sea Salt, water Drinks, Soup 0 stars/by GboLey7
Why is bone broth so healthy?? Answer:
1. Heal and seal your gut. The gelatin in bone broth protects the gut by supporting mucosal lining, and by providing proteins that support the immune system.
2. Protect your joints. Taking glucosamine supplements to help with joint pain has been common knowledge for years, but it turns out that bone broth has glucosamine too. But unlike pills, the broth also includes a host of other goodies that help keep your joints happy, healthy, and pain-free. The chondroitin sulfate in bone broth has been shown to help prevent osteoarthritis.
3. Look younger. Bone broth is a rich source of collagen. You can find collagen in all kinds of “plumping” products these days, but why stick it on the outside when you can drink it? Not only is drinking it cheaper, but it can make your skin, hair, and nails look just as radiant.
4. Sleep better, and feel better. The glycine in bone broth has been shown in several studies to help people sleep better and improve memory by supporting neurotransmitter formation.
5. Immune support. Mark Sisson, author of The Primal Blueprint, actually calls bone broth a “superfood” thanks to the high concentration of minerals. He says that the bone marrow can help strengthen your immune system. (Something that won’t surprise your grandma who always made you her famous chicken soup when you got sick!) A Harvard study even showed that some people with auto-immune disorders experienced a relief of symptoms when drinking bone broth, with some achieving a complete remission.
6. Stronger bones. The phosphorus, magnesium, and calcium in the bones seeps out into the broth leaving you with the essential building blocks for healthy bones.
7. It’s very economical! What else were you going to do with those chicken carcasses, soup bones, and veggies going bad in your fridge?
Ginger Roasted Pumpkin and Quinoa Salad with Mine, Chilli, and Lime/in Gluten Free, Low Sodium, Low Sugar, Sides, Vegetarian Main Dish cilantro, ginger, green or red chillis, limes, mint, olive oil, pumpkin, pumpkin (pepita) seeds, pure maple syrup, quinoa, sea salt and pepper, water Main Dish, Side Dish 0 stars/by GboLey7
Moroccan Carrot Lentil Soup/in Nutrition, Recipes, Soups carrots, peeled, chopped, cinnamon, coriander, cumin, Diced Tomatoes, Garlic, minced, Lentils, olive oil, paprika, Salt and Pepper to taste, sweet onion, turmeric, vegetable broths Soup 0 stars/by GboLey7
Recipe adapted from http://www.acedarspoon.com/moroccan-carrot-red-lentil-soup/
Citrus Glazed Salmon/in Nutrition, Recipes Fresh Lemon Juice, fresh orange juice, honey, salmon filets, skin removed, Salt and Pepper to taste Main Dish 0 stars/by GboLey7
Baked Curried Cauliflower/in Sides, Veggies Cauliflower, cut into florets, cumin, ground, curry powder, Ground cinnamon, olive oil, paprika, Salt and Pepper to taste, yellow onion Side Dish 0 stars/by GboLey7