https://tailorednutritionllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Image-1.jpg 320 240 TN57gb0 https://tailorednutritionllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Logo-COMP31.jpg TN57gb02015-01-23 09:29:212015-11-16 11:44:12Asparagus, Spinach, and Quinoa Soup
Asparagus, Spinach, and Quinoa Soup
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cups onion yellow, fresh, chopped
- 10 each asparagus fresh, spears
- 1 tsp salt table
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup quinoa dry
- 1 lb swiss chard fresh
- 14 cups spinach baby, fresh
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp cayenne papper dried, ground
- 1 tbsp lemon juice fresh
- 1. Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Add onions and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring frequently, until the onions begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, add 2 tablespoons water, and cover. Cook, stirring frequently, always covering the pan again, until the onions are reduced and have a deep caramel color, 25-30 minutes.
- 2. While onions cook, combine 3 cups water and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a soup pot. Add quinoa. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer, cover, and cook 10 minutes (will look very soupy). Chop asparagus. Add to quinoa, and cook another 5 to 10 minutes, making sure quinoa does not over-cook; may need to add some vegetable broth or water to pan.
- 3. Coarsely chop the swiss chard and spinach. Add to quinoa and asparagus. Continue to simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- 4. When the onions are caramelized, stir a little of the vegetable broth, making sure to get all the brown bits deglazed. Add the onions to the quinoa. Add vegetable broth and cayenne. Return to a simmer, cover, and cook, stirring once, until the spinach is tender but still bright green, about 5 minutes more.
- 5. Puree the soup - either in a food processor, blender, or immersion blender in the pot. Stir in lemon juice. Enjoy!
Share this Recipe